Sunday, October 9, 2011

Halloween Decorating

I was in need of a Halloween touch to our apartment, so I picked out a couple of small pumpkins.  I wanted to add some interest to them, so I painted them and added stickers and bows.  At Wal-Mart, I bought metallic silver and champagne colored craft paints in the Folk Art brand, as well as gold and silver ribbon and loose glitter.  I already had Mod Podge, sponges, and stickers.  Here are the steps to creating these cute pumpkins:
  1. Apply paint to each pumpkin with a paint brush or sponge.  Add more coats for desired color.  Let dry.
  2. Add stickers.
  3. Apply Mod Podge to small area of pumpkin and sprinkle on glitter.  Repeat until whole pumpkin has been covered in Mod Podge and glitter.  Let dry.
  4. Add bows.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...