Sunday, January 15, 2012

Apple Bacon Salad

I decided to make a salad for lunch today, since we had a bag of lettuce that needed to be finished.  With standards set high from my last salad- a strawberry salad with homemade dressing- I wanted to make another easy, yet delicious salad.  I didn't have strawberries, but I did have Gala apples.  I also had almonds.  I checked Pinterest for dressing ideas that would taste great with apples.  I found one, but I did not have all the ingredients.  While checking for dressing ideas, I came across a photo of an apple salad that also had bacon pieces mixed in.  I had bacon!  I also had balsamic vinaigrette dressing that I decided to top my salad with.  It all worked so well together.  I liked it so much I had it again with my dinner!


Apple Bacon Salad:

Romaine lettuce
Sliced apples
Bacon pieces
Chopped almonds
Balsamic vinaigrette dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...